Azuki work pants - v2

 Well I finished them - just in time for my trip!

right rear pockets

I made many of the pockets 

  • tool pockets
  • cargo pocket with flap
  • rear pocket (plain)
  • rear pocket with inset pocket
  • front edge pockets
  • hammer loop
I did not make them all, though:
  • cargo pocket with zip;
  • detachable 'holster' pocket.
I did attach rings on two belt loops, though, so that I can attach the detachable pocket from my sewing apron.

What I wish I had done differently:
The hammer loop is oddly set.

The rear pockets are still low.

The centre front waistband is not quite as nicely lined up as I would like.

Small complications
tucked in corner of the fly shield
I used a slightly different method to install the fly, and because it was from a different pattern the positioning was just a bit off, and then the corner of the fly was poking against my thigh. I was actually going to undo it, but found a way to tuck it in and stitch it without it showing at all.












What I am proud of

  • The buttonhole (learned how to 'Extend' the template using the Jetson attachment.
  • I redid part of the Centre front waistband to make it better than it was! (poor alignment in the sewing at first!)
  • the overall fit
  • the fly lays nice and flat
PHOTOS
I will post the photos here; I don't have much more to say about them. Wore them for a hike in Royal National Park near Sydney, and, well the leeches manged to climb up my leg! (I should have tucked them in sooner!). They worked well for the hike, though!
the fly


buttonhole exteneded

the weird hammer loop placement

from the frong - sorry about the shadows

side view

other side


hammer loop again

d-rings to attach the pouch from my sewing apron



Comments

  1. They look great! Hope the trip is wonderful CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great travelling pants! Looking forward to seeing them in person after your adventures. DB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. I am happy to hear from you. If you post anonymously feel free to leave your first name!