Some muslins and some Christmas sewing

I THINK I figured out the pleat, on the Mitchells, finally. I took it apart and resewed it VERY carefully and it finally looks... acceptable. I will probably make another pair of these just to get it right! We shall see. But it is the end of the week, and I have put them aside in favour of some time-sensitive sewing. This week I have made six Christmas-themed pillow-cases, a muslin of the Yanaka jacket, a muslin of the Sanrotini tank top, all to send to Australia this week.

sock number 1
I have also been knitting for Christmas, A dish cloth, and socks. And still more socks to go!!!



So not much of a report, but some photos.

The scrap attached to the Yanaka in the photo is the houndstooth linen that I may use to make this up for Australia daughter. This one should fit as is (more or less) except for the sleeve length. I suppose it might need to be shortened a bit in the body, as well, given Australia-daughter's height. It is a simple make, and nice lines. I hope it works out!


Yanaka


Yanaka,





This Santorini muslin is made with the seams on the outside to make fitting easier. 

Trying to rough fit this on the paper pattern from measurements was impossible for me! There were no indications of exactly where the bust apex, nor the waist were, and with several seams to deal with, I could not see where to make adjustments. Because of course you need to think about how much ease, so it is not just a straight comparison... Australia-daughter's upper bust is somewhat larger than her full bust.... which made choosing the cup size difficult. I believe this is because of a strong muscular back. So I chose the B cup, hoping that will 'even things out'! I shortened it, and hopefully her friend can help fit from a distance so that I can make up a nice version to go with the houndstooth Yanaka.

I will be making a dressform for her... so that is in my queue! I was able to gather the hardware for free - a very thick cardboard tube (so I don't have to buy PVC), and I found a coat rack to place it on, being thrown out. If this works out it will make it easier for me to fit things for her from a distance. I am not a pro fitter... I have often gotten away with the most minor of adjustments. I have done more in the last couple of years, but I have lots to learn!


candy cane stripes



I am loving these pillow-cases!


Santa gnomes
  

Comments