Tank-top copy; more Carolyn PJs; Kalle top

 I didn't sew last weekend, or at least nothing to write about.

So catching up this weekend!

During the week I did take a look at the red silk, and started puzzling it together. For such a large garment, it does not release a lot of solid pices, so there will be some piecing within the pieces! I decided on flat-felled for the piecing, but I will do French seams for the garment construction.

I have also been trying to 'name' the type of silk. It is a bit 'stiff' or rough, it has ridges, but is not duipioni nor shantung. I think it might be 'tussah'. Regardless, it feels very nice!

I poked around in my fabrics (I guess that is what one does when one is too tired to sew!). I pulled out a large piece of crinkly cotton that was given to me when we left Japan (a life-time ago!). I could never decide what to do with it. It is stiff, crinkly and transparent. As I looked at it I realized: this reminds me of my linen gauze Carolyn PJ bottoms. And I have wanted another pair of those. So that is what they will become. (In fact, I cut them out on Saturday). In the photo you see how transparent it can be, and also how crinkly.




And the contrast pocket and piping will be from the checked linen/cotton for the RTW copy... a nice match. Further... there will be enough of both to make a top - I think I will make myself a Kelly-watch-the-stars PJ top.

unfinished hem







Muslin 4 of Ottawa daughter's tank top fits great! I made a covered button for it; this was her request! (This will be a wearable muslin; noone needs to know it is made from a pillow case!). And I finished the final version on Sunday morning. We are both pleased with the result! Especially the covered button! That was my first time, and not my last!

I also finished the final version this weekend. Looks like a picnic table cloth - but is adorable!









Comments