PJ short sets (one and two)

 The last couple of weeks have been emotionally draining in the DT household. But I still managed to get some sewing in. It is a bit of a balm, but hard to get motivated.

My goal, as mentioned elsewhere, is to sew five PJ short sets as Christmas gifts. I do not think the younger members of the family read my blog, so hopefully not giving too much away! Two done. I am not ironing them... they look cozier that way!

I am using the Closet Core Carolyn PJ pattern for the shorts. Lovely details in that pattern - the sew-in waistband, the cuffs, the piping, the pockets. Instead of pure elastic for the waistband I am using elastic in the back, and ties for the front. That way I don't need to cut the elastic to size (and give away the surprise!)

I will admit: I know, that left to their own devices, these are not the PJs that these recipients would choose. However, I am hoping that the outsanding finishing touches, and luxurious feel of linen will win them over.😆


I have not photographed the colour well, and the same colour looks entirely different in diferent photos, and the different colours are hard to tell apart! One of these sets is in Spruce Green everyday linen, and the other in steel blue linen, both from Pure Linen Envy. 

It is very nice linen, but very smooth. In my mind I would have preferred a rougher texture. I think there is something called linen noil (like the silk noil I used earlier this year.)

This will also make the next few weeks rather repetetive in my sewing department! But I am now finished two pairs.

The problem with my blog site is that I can't put photos side by side. Well, sometimes it works, but seems like a fluke! (Like here, somehow two photos side-by-side...)

I have finished the insides as nicely as the outsides. Serged edges in the top. (I was going to do French seams, BUT I forgot to widen the seam allowance, and so would not have had enough space. So they are serged. )


If you have read the previous blog posts, you may recognize the fabric used in some of the contrasts here. The Liberty print, and wearable muslin number two of the fitted shirt.
The insde of the shorts is French seamed at the inseam and outseam, and Hong Kong binding at the centre back seam, and at the faux fly. 








Comments

  1. Now that is quality seam finishing!! DB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. I am happy to hear from you. If you post anonymously feel free to leave your first name!