Progress on Liberty

Just when things were going well...

I have more or less accepted the puffy princess seam on the Liberty shirt and moved on. I did the hem (cut and added the bias tape), and this week I pushed myself to get the sleeve-cuff plackets ready. It is a bit fiddly, but I now understand how they fold and what is going to happen.

I also cut out interfacing. The only lightweight interfacing I had was non-fusible, purchased in what I have been calling a fit of virtous pretention! No artificial glue for me.... So I had to live up to my pretensions, and cut out and sew on the interfacing. I actually did get to the sewing phase with the front plackets, which I have fully sewn on to the shirt.

I also sewed on the sleeve-cuff placket to the sleeve.

Backwards. Good grief. I was looking at the diagram - WHAT was I thinking!? I was so concerned about getting the right side of the placket to the wrong side of the shirt that I guess I forgot to check other details. I guess no-one will notice, except for me, every time I wear it.

The same way that (hopefully) only I will notice the puffy breast seam.

So enough for this weekend.

But frankly, a bit of a disappointment after the last wearable muslin went together so well.


I also traced the Closet Core Mitchell pants for Montreal daughter. I am a bit peeved with Closet Core. The pant pieces spread over two large pieces of stiff paper, so need to be taped together (I purchased the paper version, not the PDF version). Not only that, the two pages the two pant pieces are on are not contiguous. I had to remove the tape (and rip the paper and some of the printed lines) to move it over to line up the second leg. (See photo). Previous Closet Core patterns I have purchased and used have been on pattern tissue - for me much prefereable! Anway, the goal is to get the muslin done before her next visit, and hopefully a full pair of pants by Christmas.

Comments