Me-made May

 So I participated, in a very private way, in 'Me-made May'. I believe this is an instagram thing, and since I don't DO instagram, I could not participate in any performative way! 

BUT I liked the idea, and made a point of wearing at least one item of clothing that was me-made, every day. (Just one Sunday I did not!).  Most days I wore more than one item, since the top I have been wearing for cycling to work is that not-so-wearable yellow and black buffalo plaid Kalle top I made last August! Which I wear with the red Jalie tights... flashy!

I have worn my wearable muslin jeans most weekend days. 

And sure, I have repeated things I wore. 

So does this mean I should ditch from my closet things that are not me-made? No, I guess not!

I did not photograph myself, but I have a few photos from the archives of the garments I wore...


I played around on my 'new' Juki last night. Had a few hiccups, but I think I am starting to figure things out. I am kind of afraid to take the next step on my jeans - which is the buttonhole. Not only am I afraid of messing it up, but more importantly, I am having trouble placing it, because the waist band is mis-matched 😒

As the weather warmed up I pulled out the Kalle shirt dress (left), which I wear with white capri jeans. Need a new pair of those, and in spite of my misgivings kind of wonder - should I try again?   I do love thisjumper, too, and wear it often. It works with tights in winter, and with a t-shirt and bare legs in the heat!



And I have had a few chances to wear this silk top. In fact, in addition to wearing it to work, I wore it with the dupioni silk duster to the National Arts Centre for an orchestra outing (this photo is from Frocktails 2019, though).

A few projects lined up for June - in addition to report card writing and catching up on assessment! June in teaching is like summiting Mount Everest. Lots of work, but worth the end-game!

But I want to make a pair of cargo shorts, that Vogue jacket  fromthe houndstooth linen (traced the pattern, next step: the muslin), and a kind of patchwork top for my new PJ bottoms (with the Jewel linen gauze scraps... can'T let them go to waste!).

So WHY do I spend my evenings reading about other people's sewing? Just tired, I guess!





Comments