JEans (I) done

Jean wearable muslin is done, and pretty wearable!

Am fairly happy with these. Although after one day of wearing they are loosening up a bit already! I think I am confident to go ahead with the final pair. (Because FINAL they will be; I don't think I will get into the habit of sewing jeans. But who knows!)

In the meantime I bought a 'new' vintage sewing machine on which to sew my heavier items. Probably paid too much, and maybe I should have waited, and purchased that NEW Pfaff select (for 3X what I paid for this)... It is a White 1265. Not known as a high quality brand, BUT - it is solid (read heavy!), and the salesperson (bought it on kijiji, but the salesman is an experienced sewing machine repairman) said that although it is classified as household domestic it is quite heavy duty. I tried it out, and it seems good. I was disappointed that it does not have a drop-in bobbin (apparently that is better), but I am not going to regret my decision. Yet!

I wish I could put photos side by side more easily! Sometimes I manage, at others, like now, they just tower up one below the other....


Back to the jeans - I think the back looks good. The front a tad baggy, but not sure how to fix that. I nailed the rivets, and the fly is pretty good. 

I continue to struggle with waistbands and things - they just never line up nicely, .

(I drafted this text a couple of days ago, and yesterday I got around to actually curring the good fabric! So no turning back!)








Comments