Gosling shirt - done!

Wisdom gained: Sewing for someone else for the first time is a bit stressful! One is more of a perfectionist then!

Completed the Gosling shirt for Montreal daughter's beau.

I kept flip-flopping on whether or not to undo the collar. It is not perfect, and I have found a technique to make it better, but I am worried that undoing it will stretch out the collar itself...

And my sleeves are shorter than I meant to cut them. So I think I won't be able to fold up a 'cuff'...

However, it is done, and I am moderately pleased. I know what I will do differently next time. The buttonholes are fine, and I sewed the buttons on with the machine. Took some fiddling to get it all lined up, but I much prefer that to handsewing them!

These photos are temporary until the shirt can be delivered to Montreal. They are taken on my body double (my mannequin, which still does not have a stand). It appears that my hips are more generous than daughter's beau, so the shirt does not fit the body double quite right. 

The linen is lovely (Sage from Pure linen envy)


French or enclosed seams

I know my next project is supposed to be the jeans. Oh - before that - undershirts/camisoles/singlets... from the remnants from my Clara leggings. But that will be quick (I hope! Famous last words?)

Then next, I have this black silk 'noile' (a rough kind of raw silk) that I had been thinking about making into pants; but I am now thinking of a pinafore/jumper, and am leaning towards McCalls 7831...

And I have to add 1.5 metres of this linen to the stash, since I ordered more than I needed, just to be safe! 



 

Comments