Works in progress

 Did a bit of work on two projects this past week, but have completed neither.

But I am okay with that!

And this post is a day late! oops.

I finally got my table top from the woodworker in Montreal! Love it!



DRESS FORM

The dress form is coming along a lot better than version one! When I hold it up to me it seems closer to my size! And I was able to (more or less) fit the armhole covers into the armscyes. The armhole cover extends somewhat beyond the edge at one point, but after I partially basted the facing, the cardboard piece that fits in between actually fit, without any trimming required.

Once I finish the armhole covers, I need to add the inner support. I am using the original one I made, and hoping that it fits, in spite of a possibly missing quarter inch. Same thoughts about the zippered base; it might be a stretch to get it to fit the base, unless I do a bit of gathering to ease it. That should not matter at the bottom...

cardboard insert basically fits

this is the section which extends too far










UPCYCLED DRESS - SHIRT

I am actually having so much fun remodeling this dress into a shirt, and taking my time to do it properly. Just a few notes on where I am at:

  • I have cut the bottom off, and shaped the new bottom of the shirt;
  • I have pieced the fabric to make it long enough to cut the sleeves;
  • I have cut out the sleeves, as well as the cuffs and binding in a contrast fabric;
  • I have begun tidying the inner seams (hint - see photo; details in final post).
I should add that this fine corduroy is really really messy. Tons of crumbs on the floor...

Piecing the pieces

Look - the sleeves will fit like this

Nicely finished seams. (kind of)


Comments