Body double - V2

 This week at the machine... (Seems to be a lot of light pink in the photos!)

Just a short update this week.

I have been working on some table napkins. Size-wise they are closer to breakfast napkins than dinner, or even luncheon napkins. I eyeballed my remnant and figured I can get eight out of that. I did, but.... they are pretty small!

Oh well. I have them all sewn up and have to do the embroidery on six more. Learning sashiko was fun, and, even if my dragon fly looks like an elephant, not too hard. Practice...












And for the body double... I have finished the body part. I still need to find a stand for her. As it is, she kind of spooks live-in daughter!

She was way harder to stuff than I expected, and she has some lumps in different spots from my own lumps are! I used out of commission pillows, and my fabric scraps, including the rest of the wedding quilt (from the quilted house robe project). Fabric scraps are surprisingly heavy...

But, her size is closer to mine than V1. (Phew!)

It feels a bit bold and risqué to post pictures - it is almost like posting nude, isn't it? I have not tried dressing her, or fitting any of my makes with her yet. It would be easier to do that with the stand...












Comments