Projects on deck (updated Sept 30, new in italics)

The idea of this page will be to show projects on deck, or whose posts are pending....

So here we are:

Completed projects where posts are imminent:

  • Working on the post for the upcycled shorts.... a bit of a flop, those! Have more or less finished them, but they are not a hit with their recipient... stay tuned!  

  • On deck
  • Have now made the baby kimono:
    • After my closet clean-up I sorted things into two piles - donate, and can't donate so repurpose. I have made a baby kimono from old pyjama pants. No, I don't currently know any babies that need a "kimono' (it is really just a kimono-style undershirt from Sewing Happiness), but I might one day!

  • Just bought a pattern for a dress form from bootstrap. I have an old home-made 'curtain' which will do for the fabric... Need to make sure that the pattern printed out to the right size. 
    • cut out the paper pattern pieces and am wondering if I should just blanket the whole amount with interfacing, or cut blocks and interface smaller blocks... (Hopefully I can finish my correcting and get some sewing done on this on the weekend. Need to find a coat rack/lamp stand, though)

Dream list

  • JEANS! Can't resist an ecological sales-pitch, so I just received my order of  recycled/upcycled denim from Core Fabrics weight!); so excited! I had never intended to make jeans, but Dianne did, and they turned out great. There is no hurry, I can take my time; I just wanted to get my hands on this cloth. Will probably make the Morgan jeans from Closet Core. Planning to use the Morgan jeans pattern by Closet Core but I want something slimmer in the legs... I hope I can adjust the pattern. See Jean's dilemma post!)
    • I bought on Etsy the out of print Vogue jeans which have the line that I prefer. Some reviewers found them quite big (where in the description they are tight), so will have to be careful!
  • Sewliberated's lichen duster. I have been lusting over this since I saw the pattern. Does a woman who owns two coats of this pattern really need a new duster? (The other is a warmer winter weight - lined, wool, and it is also burgundy!) This photo was from Ottawa Frocktails 2019. Hope a future frocktail party is in the works...
  • Sewliberated's schoolhouse tunic would be great for work. (Not so sure about this anymore)
  • Willow pant by StyleArc. They might be the answer to my pant woes! (I did just buy that black raw silk noile on kijiji...)

Sewing goal

Use up the humble stash.
My stash is not the lovely sewing store that some bloggers seem to have.
I do have a collection of 
  • remnants from sewing projects;
  • fabric purchased for an abandoned project;
  • some pieces of fabric purchased on a whim!
  • old clothes too worn to give away!

Comments