ALMOST done the Liberty shirt

 I got everything except buttons (and buttonholes) done on the Liberty shirt.

Not thrilled with the sleeve caps. No matter how meticulous I am, I am always a bit dissatisfied with the result...

I was going to try to use one of the buttons I have in my cute little colourful collection, but none suited. So I asked a friend and she has an amazing button stash (a former neighbour, actually former owner of this house, had a men's suit business and had amassed buttons from the alteration side of the business.) Additionally, friend had her mother's stash - she had sewn them onto cards, the way you can buy them in stores! I have not yet quite decided which ones to use... 

I wanted to get new projects cut out today. I find it easier to cut out when I have a longer stretch of time (since I use the dining room table and need to lay everything out). I am making five PJ short-sets for Christmas, and I wanted to get started. I got two pairs cut out (from the same fabric.)

The buttons on the Liberty might get done one evening this week. 








Currently in my queue, then:

  • finish the buttons on the Liberty shirt
  • five pairs of PF short sets (Christmas gifts).
  • Mitchell pants - muslin, and then sew (gift, again for Christmas)
  • V1865 houndstooth linen jacket
  • Love notions Sabrina pants (Ponte knit).


Then all kinds of ideas building up for afterwards...







Comments