Sleeveless top

 And so I DID finish the top last weekend. I tried it on with the PJ bottoms, and it makes a nice set, but I really want it as day-wear.

The fit is a bit off. I really need to take the time to adjust the fit on this before I make the shot silk jacquard version that I am planning. Just a bit of gaping at the armholes and, the placement of the bars in the back. And I will be a bit vain, here: I don't like quite how broad this makes my back look!

The fabric choice added to the awkwardness, though. The linen gauze is kind of stretch because of the crinkles, and on top of that I was piecing it, so messing with the drape of the fabric.

And I did actually sew the buttonhole on my jeans. Have not cut it open yet, though! And all I need to do is those belt hoops and the hem. Then it is done...








Comments