Welcome!

 This summer I kind of treated sewing as my defacto summer job. I decided to up my game; slow sewing in the name of quality. I had a few projects I was working on, and delighted in talking about them. At the same time I started discovering people's sewing stories, and wanted to be part of that community. 

So why not start my own blog? And so here it is. 

I am still learning logistically. These pages are not yet looking as I want them to look, and I am having some technical challenges. Buy my friend Karen said "just do it! I want to read your stories."

So here it is. Some of the stories were already written, and will be posted over the next few weeks. My sewing time will become more limited as I head back to my full time paying job as a teacher.


I was probably inspired to sew more by my updated sewing table! After about 30 years of placing my sewing machine on an old singer with a treadle I saw an ad for a sewing table. OOOh it was nice. Not in my immediate future, though. So when I was out getting milk in February I happened upon a closing sale for a local pub, and bought this pub table. It became my March break project. (Which as those who live in Ontario know, became the April break...). With B's help we took the drawers from the Singer and placed them on this table and voilà.

Heaven, really. More room on top, and more room for my feet and my peddle.

In the mean time I am working on having a table top built for my cast iron sewing machine base. Stay tuned!








Comments

  1. Good for you Danielle! I need to start back up again. Mom has a table that has those exact drawers for her sewing....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you will still be putting the old singer table to use! I can’t wait to see what that looks like too. ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message. I am happy to hear from you. If you post anonymously feel free to leave your first name!